Sunday, April 15, 2007

Placeholder


K. did the half-marathon this week-end, and she and her niece and her niece's mom were positively blessed by a nice warm day to travel the fourteen island miles with a big fish-and-chips lunch as a reward for making it the whole way. They made great time, too--a full hour less than two years ago. They started training three months ago, and they were all in far-better shape this time around. Some blisters. Some protesting muscles. But everybody's happy and healthy and with nice little medals around their necks. But they're exhausted, and have gone to bed.

Me, I'm blogging.

K. takes off for a couple weeks in Hawaii, while I maintain vigil on my own Island with the pets. The two things I'm concentrating are 1) the on-going work search (I did a couple of mixes on industrials this past week--not much, but something, and one of my regular freelance gigs came in and was done, no hassle.), and 2) our tuner has crapped out, so I'll be shopping for one of those that will fit our little space under the television that's not too expensive and I can still use our speakers on. The technology has evolved so much that I don't think I'll have a problem finding something a) cheap and b) powerful for all the stuff we need it to do. Oh! and 3) I'll be moving wood. Lots of wood. Lots of wood into our brand-new wood crib that will keep said wood out of the elements so we can use for non-smokey fires in the future.

No comments: