Friday, August 10, 2007

Happy Birthday, SteveB!

.....uh...yesterday....

Happy Birthday+1/365th to SteveB, frequent frequenter of these posts.*

Steve and I met in Junior High School (which has now been leveled and turned into a decent-sized urban park--with water project), where, along with Johnson, DeMeritt, Offenbacker, and Handa, we would haunt the library (a habit we continued in High School). This turned into poker games, hanging's-out and road trips, interrupted by a long protracted service with our Naval Forces, which he served in good stead ending up working with the Clinton and Bush (the lesser) Administrations. Surprisingly, they actually let him leave the Service during Bush's term, where he may be one of the youngest retirees on record.

Steve was the first of us to get married (to Sally), have kids (two splendid ones!--with Sally), and live a life approaching normalcy--again, with Sally. I think it's Sally that was the missing ingredient for the rest of us divorcees.

Steve studied art in college and still dabbles in mixed-media to this day, and has developed an unerring eye for profitable kitsch.

He introduced me to the songs of Randy Newman, for which I will always be indebted.

Happy Birthday, Steve! You will always be older than me, but I'm gaining on you.

* He HATES it, when I use multi-colored fonts!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks Jim.

Age, It's just a number right?

I think the red on black is the worst, the other colors on black are okay.

Too bad we could not get together for poker.

It will be a bad day when you catch up to me.

Steve B.