Friday, September 07, 2007

M.O.S.

...as in "More of the Same."

The week started out with a visit to "Dan the Man," which featured a fine grilled salmon dinner with a side of charred conversation, roasting our life-situations and job-status until it was seared and blackened. I gave him the first season of "Dexter" to cheer him up, that's how bad we are. But we always have fun times, and as I was leaving, K. called to say she was on the ferry coming home from camping a day early, which was a treat.

Whoah! (brake squeal) I've neglected to say that after an exhausting day of foley the previous Friday, I joined Walaka and Otis and Dingo and John and Olaiya and Wheylona and Silvio for a fine Vieg dinner where we threw ideas at each other across tables and steamed rice, and did a gang-crossword puzzle of John's construction. Dingo hit me with a movie question from it, and, without thinking, blurted out the answer, which made John blink in mild consternation--she was supposed to be doing it herself (and it was one of the ones he thought she wouldn't get). Note to self: curb instinctive response/turn movie-trivia speed down to 5, maybe 4.5. We then hied over to Dingo's for board-gamage, which produced much hilarity and controversy. Wheylona won, and became the "Privateer." (Which reminds me--know what a pirate's favorite letter of the alphabet is? *) We broke up around 0100, John and I walked back to my car, I drove him home and still made it on to the last ferry at 0200, without raising my blood pressure a notch.

Saturday, I was so exhausted from a week of evening foley and staying out late, I was good for nothing. So that's what I did.

Labor day came and went with little jobs taken care of, and reacquainting myself to life with K. and Smokey. It was a rough camping trip for them both, and Smokey was still suffering the effects. I took him for a long walk and frisbee-playing and he snapped right out of it. Tuesday, I developed a bad cold, which was doubly bad because the next day, Wednesday, I drove down to Portland to pick up keys, and arrange for Internet service and check things out down South. I drove down and back up in one day but, feeling too exhausted to make it up to "The Rock," stayed in T-town at the Duplex--got in about 2100, and Niece Kayla was already asleep. I didn't stop for dinner, I just crawled up to the guestroom and went to bed. I had a fitful night of sick-sleep accompanied by the sounds of jet-transports and a late-night neighborhood smoker who had one of the worst phlegmmish cigarette-hacks I've ever heard, that was only relieved about 0500, at which point I went, mercifully, to sleep. Never saw Kayla, as she went to work while I was out-conked.

Next day, feeling 30% better, I spent some time back-filling the blog, and went to work at The Agents, where I punched up and mixed one industrial and re-did the "Disaster-Proof" video with a new, improved German translation. Good work. Today, I just finished a session that I'll start editing in a few minutes, and tomorrow, K. and I drive back down to the Duplex and spend the weekend, where K. and Kayla are marathoning. I get to cook, watch the dog, and, best of all, not participate in the marathon! Suh-weet! Starting Monday, I start a week of foley on an animation project, and K. and Smokey head South to Eugene (eventually) for some work and family check-up.

Sounds a lot like past weeks of activity. Maybe I should just "Ctrl-C" this and make it a "Quick-key." There are new movies in town, and I'll have a chance to catch some matinees, plus there are some things sitting in the "draft" to post.

All in good time. All in good time.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
* "P." Add a peg-leg to it and it becomes "RRRRRRRRRR"
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Seen bumper sticker: "Don't always believe what you're thinking."

No comments: