Thursday, November 30, 2006

Home Again, Home Again...

Well, Smokey's happy--the pack is back together tonight. The cat is happy to have laps to sit on and heat in the house. I'm happy 'cause I got to put in 6 hours at the Ranch, and make a run to Costco--got a couple of Christmas presents taken care of. When I got to The Island the roads were a bit worse than on the main-land, but the freeways were okay, but when I pulled into the side-streets to go pick up Smokey, they got progressively worse the deeper I got into the woods. I finally just parked the car and walked in--dark of night...barking dogs on the street...not pleasant. But I got Smokey, and he stayed nicely compliant back to the car. The moon came out, and it was much easier to see. K had made it home, and said our street was much improved, and it is. Up the top-side and "Dead-Man's Curve" (where the scraper went off the road) are still pretty icey, but down where we are is smooth sailin'. Even went up the drive-way, throwin' caution to the wind (besides I had a bunch of Costco stuff to bring in)

But...I'm exhausted. Goin' in early tomorrow, and then takin' care of some business downtown. But I'm not going to do the Clay Jenkinson/Teddy Roosevelt thang tomorrow night. So I'm cancelling cancelling cancelling. Those of you in "The League," go! Enjoy yourselves! Me, I'm gonna sleep, sleep, sleep, Sominex or no.

You know, I've written something every day this week. That's a "first." But it probably won't last.

But expect a review tomorrow that's been in a holding pattern for a week.

No comments: