Saturday, November 03, 2007

And Now, For Something Completely Different...

Q: If you had an infinite number of marshmallows, how many Lincoln-Logs would it take to reach the moon?

A: No, because ice cream has no bones!

This was first thrown at me in a High School English class by a smart-ass who wasn't following an argument I was making about some novel of some kind. It did exactly what it was meant to do: it stopped me cold, derailed my train of thought and made me shut up for a few seconds while I was dealing with the flow of non-sequitirs.

Now, so many years later, I can use that timeless (and time-twisting) poem:

Turn backward, turn backward,
Oh, time in your flight,
Just thought of the comeback
I needed last night*

...which would be:

1) That the best you can do: babble nonsense at me?

2) If you don't have a valid argument, why don't you shut up and let someone speak who does?

3) What's your point?

4) That was a good line when Groucho Marx said it, but what's it got to do with this?


That's what I should have said...(wish I had a Time Tunnel)

* Just a sneaky way to plug the fact that you need to turn your clocks BACK one hour Sunday morning! A Public Service Message from this station.

2 comments:

Walaka said...

I just read this comment at 7:27... ah, crap. 6:27.

At least my iMac knows the time.

"Yojimbo_5" said...

6:27? WTF??!! Go Back to BED!!

Of course, I'm writing this at 10:34---WTF are you still doing in BED??!!